Saint Leo Catholic School, located in beautiful Winston-Salem, NC, is seeking a principal for the beginning of the 2018–2019 academic year. Established in 1953, Saint Leo Catholic School is fully accredited through Advance ED and the Diocese of Charlotte; the recipient of the Department of Education’s Blue Ribbon School Award and has been acknowledged as a School of Innovation. As part of a vibrant parish of nearly 2000 families, our school is the home to students pre-school through eighth grade. We are seeking a candidate to lead the school forward, in full accordance with its mission, while honoring the academic, religious, communal and spiritual traditions the school has established over the past 65 years.
The successful candidate will meet the following requirements:
- Practicing Catholic in full communion with the Catholic Church.
- Minimum of a Master’s degree in Educational Leadership, or its equivalent, and possess, or be eligible, for a North Carolina State Administrative License.
- 3 years of administrative experience with demonstrated progression of responsibilities, preferably in elementary education.
- 3 + years of classroom experience
The successful candidate will be prepared to demonstrate how to achieve the following:
- To create a school atmosphere conducive to academic growth and success for all students.
- To assume responsibility for securing all resources necessary to sustain the mission of the school and ensure its future.
- To understand the business of schools. He/she will understand teaching and learning and best practices from the classroom perspective.
- To be a humble, Christ-centered servant leader who knows the students, families and understands the legacy of the school.
- To be a highly capable communicator, with an emphasis on interactions with teams large and small.
- To possess excellent management skills.
- To foster an atmosphere of mutual respect between and among parents, faculty and staff members.
Saint Leo Catholic School Mission:
“Our Mission at Saint Leo Catholic School is to educate the whole child within the framework of Gospel values and Catholic traditions in order to develop responsible citizens of our nation and of our world.”
- A letter of interest, written specifically for Saint Leo Catholic School, highlighting your skills, experience, education, educational philosophy and personal attributes.
- A current resume
- A list of 5 references to include the following:
- Relationship to the candidate
- Phone number and email address
Please submit resume and required documents to email@example.com.